Thanks go out to my awesome team over at Bobby Ball Talent Agency: Will, my theatrical agent and Mike, my commercial agent. Also part of my team is my manager, Dana Randazzo over at Symbiotic Talent and I truly appreciate her tired-less work and dedication.
Trust me, it feels awesome to have people on your side who truly believe in you!
Thanks Will, Mike and Dana for everything and let's make 2012 an even better year than 2011!
If you want to find out what projects kept me so busy all year - read on;)
Starting with January 2011:
- I booked the role in a TV Pilot called 'Hall Patrol' produced by FremantleMedia, in which I played the lead role of 'Ella' , directed by Ross Novie of Rondovie Industries.
|On the set of 'Hall Patrol'|
|Worked on stage at The Hollywood Improv|
|As 'Fauna' in the project Andronicus Wilde|
- I was invited to join the cast and crew of Matchstick McCoy at The Bungalow Club in Hollywood for a screening of their project and was happy to support and reunite with fellow 'Thrillseeker' Ben Seton who plays a funny role in this film.
|This is how real movie stars work the red carpet!|
|On stage after the screening for the Q&A session at the Folino theater|
|Getting ready for the next scene of 'The Golden Rule'|
- I had been invited to attend the Cast & Crew Screening of "10,000 Days" at the Arclight Theater in Sherman Oaks on May 24, 2011. I played Peter Wingfield's Farnwell Clan daughter and was extremely happy and honored to be part of this event.
|With my 'clan-leader' Peter Wingfield|
- On 6/5/11 I was invited to attend a Producer and client meeting at ZOIC Studios/ Culver City, work place of my big sister Jessica Amzoll who works there as a visual effects artist on shows like "True Blood". I mingled with industry insiders and their families, met producers and coordinators, made a monster walk in the 3-D program MAYA, demonstrated how a green screen works and watched in disbelief how Jessica gave me fangs to look like a vampire in True Blood!
|'True Blood' fangs. YAY!|
- I booked and filmed a national commercial "Coincidence" for the car maker Infiniti this month, which was truly something to celebrate!
|National commercial for Infiniti|
|With actor Deep Roy at the Bergamot Station|
- I was honored to be among the guests of the NewFilmMakers who gathered at the screening of our project "After The Shearing" at The Sunset Gower Studios in Hollywood on 9/23/2011.
|Interview on the red carpet|
- I broke a record: I went to 7 auditions/ callbacks within 6 days.
- I attended the launch/premiere party for "Starf*ckers" at producer Brian Steele's residence on 10/8/11 together with Neil Hopkins of 'Lost' and Beth Behrs of '2 Broke Girls'. The renowned e-magazine splitsider calls "Starf*ckers" (distributed/ produced by Atomic Wedgie/ Fremantle Media) a prophetic addition to the web series universe! Yey - and I am part of it!
|At the launch party with Neil Hopkins of 'Lost' fame|
- Our director Vanessa Rojas won the award for "Best Emerging Filmmaker" for our project 'After the Shearing' at the Tulsa International Film Festival on 10/2/11. BRAVO Vanessa!
- I booked the lead role of Mary in the independent film "1, 2, Z", which was filmed on location in Orange County. I loved the fierce and tough battles against zombies and to see my character develop from an innocent school girl into a fearless fighter who saves her friends and town in the end.
- I booked the lead role of Alice in the independent project "Malice", which filmed in the first week of November 2011 north of Los Angeles. Happy to play another strong girl character going from a mischievous, gangly young girl to hero in the end.
- After the table read for "Live-In Fear" that I joined as an Associate Producer on 10-29-11, director Brandon Scullion and producer Maria Olsen offered me the role of Young Girl, playing the child version of one of the lead characters. Shooting will start in February 2012. Associate Producer AND acting credit in one project! Fantastic!
- Wrapped 3 (!) projects this month: "1, 2, Z", "Malice" and "Brother", the last one being a thesis movie for Chapman University, which will screen next year in April or May.
- Booked and filmed my scenes as Emma in the project 'Brother' in a junkyard in Long Beach. Filming in a junkyard was a first for me;)
|Screenshot of me as Emma in the project 'Brother'|
- Filmed pick up scenes for my project "Malice" and
- went to do some ADR recordings for the "1, 2, Z" project
- worked on an episode of 'The Office' where I unexpectedly reunited with actor Ed Helms who worked with me on The Hangover a couple of years ago. Fun times indeed even though it rained cats and dogs!
|On the set of 'The Office'|
- went to a well received screening of our movie "1, 2, Z" in Orange on 12/14/11, a film that will be submitted to various film festivals
|Zombie fighters 'Jack', 'George' and 'Mary'|
- I joined the fabulous cast and crew for the screening of our project "Malice" in Northridge on 12/16/11. "Malice" is going to be submitted to the film festival at the Comic Con 2012 and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
|With director Reyna Calvillo|
- Just before the Holidays I got word that I booked the lead in a new webseries called "Matchmaker". Filming will start in the first week of the new year 2012.
Geesh - I guess I have been busy this year.
Geesh - I guess I have been busy this year.
Thanks for reading it and stay tuned for more exciting acting news to come.
That's all, folks!
Jingles and Cheers,