Saturday, August 18, 2012

Los Angeles County Museum of Art exhibit! See my images at LACMA through 10/14/12!

Hi everyone!
Have been idle for a few months, but now I am back to fill you in on all the exciting news I would love to share with you since March 2012!
Thank you so much for keeping up with my work and all your support. It means a lot to me.

Since last March, I have been involved in so many wonderful projects, and I am so grateful for all the amazing opportunities that came my way.
This is the first of quite a few updates I will publish over the next couple of days. Thanks again for all your support and for reading my entertainment news!

So, let's get started, shall we?

In March and April 2012 I worked with renowned photographers Charlie White and Fredrik Nilsen on 2 consecutive photo shoots for Charlie White's current LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) exhibition "The Sun and other Stars".
Show will run from July 22, 2012–October 14, 2012 and I truly hope you can check it out.
Please read the provided link for more information about this extraordinary exhibit.
http://www.lacma.org/art/exhibition/sun-and-other-stars-katy-grannan-and-charlie-white
With Charlie White at Fredrik Nilsen's studio

 At my first session, my head and face were measured in rather interesting ways before the puppeteer could get to work and model a life size model after me.

Then I had my hair adjusted to match the real-hair wig from 'my' puppet to look almost identical. It was fun and amusing day at the prep-session with Charlie White and our stylist.

See photo for results and judge for yourself. I liked the light trim and highlights ALOT and was very curious about my final photo session with Nils Fredrik at his studio.
I got highlights during our prep session for my LACMA photo shoot in April 2012


Proud to see my images being displayed at the world famous Los Angeles County Museum of Art (July 2012)

The exhibition is curated by Britt Salvesen, head of LACMA’s Wallis Annenberg Photography Department. The exhibition includes 24 photographs and a three-channel video by Katy Grannan; and approximately 50 photographs, varied ephemera, and a video animation by Charlie White.
It was a wonderful opportunity to see my images as part of this fabulous exhibition and I invite you to visit LACMA too!
Thanks for reading!
More updates on my recent projects to follow very soon.

Cheers,
Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment