Sunday, August 19, 2012

My work as a SAG BookPal as part of the Screen Actors Guild Foundation

Hello, dear all!
Some of you may know that I adopted a school here in the San Fernando Valley where I read to their first and second graders once a week.
It has been a wonderful experience for the kids and me and talking to teachers and principals from a different level at my age is quite an impressive feeling.
I am very happy that due to my Independent Study Program I am able to volunteer by time to these students and hopefully instill a love in them for books and reading.


Please check out the SAG Foundations BookPal website and pass it on to any SAG actor you might know. Schools all over the country are in need of readers, and this program.is a fabulous way to give something really special to your community.
http://bookpals.net/

I can't wait to get started with the new 2012-2013 school year and I'll keep you posted on my life as a SAG BookPal.

Cheers,
Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment